Monday, January 22, 2007

I'll Take That Mara Trophy, Thank You.


AFC CHAMPIONS 38-34.

Greatest comeback in NFL Conference Championship Game history.

Tied for 4th greatest comeback of all time.

Manning: 349 yards, 1 passing TD, 1 rushing TD, 1 game winning drive with 2:17 remaining, one Bradymonkey off the back. Well done Peyton, well done.

One of the most amazing games I've ever seen PERIOD. Not even a contest, the greatest game I have ever seen in person. The RCA Dome was INSANE. I have never heard anything so loud. Not a concert, not a jet. Nothing.

And to the Pats fans in section 342 right behind me, way to be classy. I appreciate your cheering, your team dedication, and for you not being assholes likes the Steelers/Chiefs/Titans fans I have endured over the last few seasons. You took your loss in stride and were gracious in defeat. You even sat through the celebration and trophy presentation. You made me rethink my image of Pats fans. At least for a little bit ;).

Thanks for the memories boys in blue.

One. More. Game.

I believe fellas, I believe.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mickey D. said...

Yay!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Mickey D. said...

Yay!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Good for you.

See? This feeling that you're experiencing? It's comparable to buying a GREAT pair of shoes. :-)

(Thought I'd share this teachable moment with you...)

2:04 PM  
Blogger MD said...

Uhmmmm. No.

You compared buying shoes to professional sports? If I were the message-banning-type you would be on suspension for 2 weeks. Instead, just double secret probation.

If buying shoes were the same as this, you would get ONE pair every 36 years. Think about that. 1970 was the last time the Colts were in the big game (as the Baltimore Colts).

2:07 PM  
Blogger Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I was comparing your feelings of JOY to that of the SAME feelings I experience when I buy a GREAT pair of shoes.

Ugh.

Sometimes you just don't get it...

;-)

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home