Friday, August 29, 2008

Call Me Mikestrodamus

John McCain picked his VP. As I said on August 22:

"I have to think his pick will be one or more of the following: young, a minority, and a woman. McCain will want someone of the youth movement but probably very conservative... ."

His pick is a woman and young. In fact, she is the youngest person to ever be selected as the governor of Alaska. Congrats to Gov. Sarah Palin!

But I can't help but think this selection is more about strategy than about credentials. If she truly is the best candidate, my apologies for making the suggestion, but I have to believe she was picked to counteract Obama being a minority and McCain being old.

3 Comments:

Blogger Traci said...

i call it the "old guy and soccer mom ticket".

but that's just me being snarky.

i am impressed that he picked a woman. i really hope that is does show some sort of forward thinking for the party and not just a strategic move to get the hillary lovers to vote for mccain.

is anyone else tired of this whole thing?

3:06 PM  
Blogger Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I am not so convinced that if McGain (God forbid) should become ill in office that Ms. Palin has the experience necessary to run the country.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Wrestling Kitties said...

AGREE MD.

And that is my biggest fear, I DO NOT want her running our country at all if they would get in the White House.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home