Monday, October 23, 2006

5 things I think I think


1) Once you put a camera in front of people for reality television it ceases to be reality. (More or less this is a principal of quantum physics)

2) Work to live. Don't live to work.

3) Affirmative action and uber-political correctness perpetuate the very things they allegedly rectify.

4) Our legal system is too forgiving and perpetuates crime because it has largely lost its deterent effect. (Hooray three strikes)

5) Sports in America is a business and hardly recognizable as sports anymore.

What do you think you think?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

My thoughts on your thoughts:

1) True
2) Absolutely
3) Couldn't agree more (this might be my #1)
4) Exactly - once is enough, three is definitely too many
5) I might disagree. To and extent I think you are right, but I do think there are a lot of athletes playing for the love of the game. Take Jim Edmonds, for example, (only because he's in the series)...he's a veteran, I'm sure he's got more money than we can imagine, but he loves the sport. He's a franchise player - he's never drifted around too much (at least not in the past 10-12 years)...he just loves to play.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home