Monday, June 16, 2008

Unlike Gloria Gaynor...

I was not sure I was going to survive. Holy Birthday Party for the wife! The day after was not a pleasant day for me. After a long week at work, I was ready to get down with my old friend Ketel One. I was NOT ready for the aftermath. At least I was not alone in my misery. My number one man and the wife's number one woman were also in Hurtsville (population 3). My number one man and I still cannot figure out how it happened. We didn't drink that much.... or so we thought.

Nevertheless, the celebration was a success and a ridiculously good time. More fun than a bunch of 30+ year olds, a couple of 29 year olds, and, ahem, one 28 year old should have. And the wife willed herself to no hangover. Bravo to you madam, I tip my cap to you.

Top 3 hangovers all-time. Maybe top two. It does not beat that time in my early 20s when I, for unknown reasons, drank a half bottle of Watermelon Pucker and then washed the other bottle down with half-and-half shots of pucker and vodka. And then drank beer. That sucker lasted two days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Um, Ryan would like you to know (I assume, he really hasn't read this) that he is still 28. For 3 more weeks.

Yes, I was in hurtsville. But I don't solely attribute it to the party - though it was one of the best ever. I add with it: very little sleep, no shower, 4+ hours in the sun shooting a 114 on 18 holes (blech). Oh, and no McD's :)Kidding!

Great planning, sir.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Mickey D. said...

Oh goodness. This was a sight to see. I've never seen you so miserable. Except for the time you had poison ivy in your eye.

But it was totally worth it! What a party!

Thanks again for all of your hard work and planning. I think everyone would agree it was a lot of fun!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Wrestling Kitties said...

Way to go M....no hangover!

So on the topic of hangover, my #1 hangover was on the day I met Terry's mom & dad for the first time - ugh. We went out to eat and lets just say everything I smelled and looked at in the place made me want to vomit.

So what caused said hangover. Well that would be me taking shots of Captain Morgan as well as a few Tequila shots and then chasing (yes CHASING) them with Mikes hard lemonade. feel free to vomit as well, I sure did. I also thought it would be fun to try to mix random liquors together with different juices and see how they tasted. I ended up passing out with my head over the toilet, my hair IN the toilet. I finally made it to the bed around 4am and got up with the spins still at 11am to go have a bowl of soup and crackers and meet T's family. Yeah, talk about a pretty picture :) To this day the thought of Mike's hard lemonade makes me want to vomit!

(oh to be young again)

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home