Friday, May 30, 2008

My True Passion

Movies and movie theater popcorn. Way back in the day there was a $1 movie theater near my childhood home. Growing up we were in fiscally tight times, so this was the theater we visited most frequently. Usually just me and my mom. Cheap movies, cheap popcorn and sode (if you can believe that), and all the refills my tiny tummy could muster. Those were good times.

I carried this love into high school. The ideal date for me was a rented flick and a night on the couch. Better yet, throwing a mattress in the back of my dad's pickup truck and heading to the drive-in. Better than that? The drive-in theater had self-buttering popcorn. I found I had enough of the delicious butter on my popcorn when it started to float. Let's pretend I am kidding.

Then to college. I saw movies about every other week. RELIGIOUSLY. Hooray student discounts.

The law school happened. The time and costs associated with seeing Hollywood's finest (in Toledo at least) got to be out of hand. I saw few movies. Those were the dark days.

BUT ALAS, I am now gainfully employed and face the prospect of an endless stream of summer hits. This list will be amended and added too, I am sure, but here are a few I have seen and still want to see:

1) Iron Man
2) SATC
3) Indiana Jones
4) The Incredible Hulk
5) The New CGI Star Wars Movie
6) Hancock
7) Batman

I know I am missing some. Boy I hope the budget can handle this :)....

2 Comments:

Blogger Mickey D. said...

You're not gainfully employed? That's news to me.

3:29 PM  
Blogger MD said...

Meh. Small typo. Fixed.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home