Monday, February 12, 2007

'twas Good

The weekend, I am proud to report, was a success. While 12 hours in a car in a 48 hour span is rather daunting and Boring (with a capital B), we had a great time.

She even got to experience (aka was subjected to) my personal slices of heaven:

1) Turoni's pizza. I only wish we had time to get back for more. Sigh.
2) Kempf's Donut Bank. She got to visit and experience the smell inside the "bank" and eat pieces of doughy, iced goodness (peanuts optional). She gets a kick out of the name "Donut Bank". Withdrawals only from this local delight.
3) Lic's ice cream balls. -I- did not even get the chance to eat these, but on lady-day, the ladies stopped by this locally owned joint.
4) One of my newest slices of heaven: White River Inn. Thank you to the salty-mouthed (and sweet as pie) co-owner, Peggy. Your steak is brilliant. You come armed with beer at all times. And you love my dad and step-mom. I could not ask for more.

Good ole Evansville. Always a fantastic place to visit (and eat). Never a place I want to live again. I love thee from afar.

8 Comments:

Blogger MD said...

It's true, ice cream balls. They have a mixed flavor option that is like a Christmas surprise with every ball (ehhh... hehehehe). Four flavors:

strawberry, vanilla, chocolate, and butter pecan (my fave)

All dipped in a chocolate shell.

12:11 PM  
Blogger MD said...

DOH! Damn it! Sorry TP, I accidentally erased your message instead of a spammer. Sorry!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Mickey D. said...

I thoroughly enjoyed items 1-4! Here are my reviews for those readers who care...

Turoni's pizza = delish! I can see why it's your fave.

The Lic's balls = good, but not my fave. Ice cream has never been tops on my list. However, had there been mint chocolate chip balls, I would be singing a different tune.

The donuts = please, like there are bad donuts. And Donut Bank is a hilarious name!

White River Inn = ummm... one heck of an experience! It was like nothing else. 5 things on the menu. Complete with sassiness and hilarity. The meal I had was good. And the others looked decent. Peggy was a hoot, slinging beers around in her apron. It was a good time. In a once in a while type basis, that is.

Thanks for sharing all that is your hometown MD, I enjoyed it! And thank you for saying that we never have to live there! ;)

4:08 PM  
Blogger Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Wow. Is, "Lic's" actualloy pronounced, "Lick's?". WOW.

No matter - all ice cream dipped in a chocolate shell is great.

Donut bank is a GREAT name. I'd like to sign up and make a withdrawl, pronto.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Wrestling Kitties said...

How fun! It is always great when you get to share your hometown favorites with the people you love! GOOD TIMES!!!

The donut bank - how awesome :-)

8:50 AM  
Blogger MD said...

M, I sure hope you don't think Rossford or the adjoining area is, in any way, better?!?!?

It isn't.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Mickey D. said...

Did I ever say that I wanted to live in Rossford?? Don't think I did.

4:22 PM  
Blogger MD said...

Uhmmm, it has certainly been alluded to, yes.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home