Wednesday, February 07, 2007

"My place"

So this may be largely a "guy thing" but I think not. In college the boys and I would travel to each other's home towns for various occasions. When we got there we would take the most direct route to their pizza place. You know, the place in your hometown (or maybe college town) that has THE BEST PIZZA in your world. When you make it back in town, you have to stop there.

Thinking about right now, that place is making you drool. And crave.

I know my place. It's called Turoni's. And I love Turoni's not just for the fantastic pizza, but the memories. When I was little my dad and step-mom would take me there every other week when I visited my dad. We would go on those Fridays for dinner or after Evansville basketball games. Those were the days.

I will see you this weekend Turoni's, and I can't wait for you to meet Her.

So where's your pizza place? I want to know so I can try it someday (maybe). If you don't have a pizza place, you should, but let me know "your place", regardless.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hmmm...good question :)

I'm not that huge of a pizza fan, but I (seriously) love the stupid frozen pizza's from Moe's. Yes. And I guess Moe's would also be "my place" for a burger too, or a beer.

When I'm truly in the mood for pizza, I think of Inky's. It's a relatively new place for me, my parents didn't take me there or anything...It's kind of a "me and Ry" place. You and HER should join us there sometime!

5:33 PM  
Blogger MD said...

Sounds good to me. Let us know when!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Mickey D. said...

Can't wait to try your place. My love for pizza runs deep.

"My place" around here would be Marco's I think. Not a place to go and hang out, but I really like the pizza. And Gino's is fabulous. I'm relatively new to that one, but I enjoy it.

9:46 AM  
Blogger MD said...

I concur toots. As far as small chains go, Marco's is surpassed by none. As far as local deliciousness, Gino's is my t-town spot. Mmmmmm... Gino's...

10:35 AM  
Blogger Wrestling Kitties said...

As for BG places I would say hands down pisanello's pizza! That is our favorite!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

i agree w/ turtle parade....inky's it is!!!! i've been going there since i was a kid...if you've never been --- you must try it!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Ky • twopretzels.com said...

I, too, have been going to Inky's since my youth. Definitely the BEST pizza, definitely the worst everything else.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I disagree KPretzel...I LOVE their salad, the alfredo isn't bad (not the best, but still good), and well...that's all I've ever had. So who really knows ;)

7:27 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

I'm sorry to say I don't like Inky's. (Don't hate me.) And I don't have a hometown pizza place (my town was too small to have any restaurants). But I do love me some LaRosa's pizza when I go to Cincinnati.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home